Friday, January 8, 2021

Transcript of talk of the Supreme Commander to the Commander of the Air Force of the Red Army

26.09.1941

Zhigarev.: at the device.

Stalin.: Comrade Zhigarev, I beg you to go to Kholzakov to the region of Volkhovstroy and help him to organize massed airstrikes upon the German forces. I suppose you could leave the North West front for two or three days, leaving Kucevalov as your replacement and who probably already has learned how to command the aviation. Your help is very needed by the 54th Army which is moving towards Mga station to establish connection with the Leningrad front. You must know that Kholzakov’s group supports this army. It would be good to go there today. We will try to send fresh air forces there. I wait for your answer.

Zhigarev.: Good. All clear. I will depart from Morozov from Semenovshina, Valdai and after I brief Kucevalov I will leave for the airfield Khotilovo from where I will fly on a “Douglas” to Kholzakov. Kucevalov has learned how to concentrate the aviation forces on the battlefield and so did the commanders of aviation divisions. From Valdai, if you allow, I will call you via phone “VCh”. I will be at Valdai in one and a half or two hours.

S.: Good, call me from there.

Z.: Good bye, I have departed to Valdai.

S.: Good bye.

ЦАМО. Ф. 96а. Оп. 2011. Д. 5. Л. 124.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brief technical report about shaped charge rounds.

Approve Head of BTU GABTU RA Engineer-Colonel Afonin 15 November 1942 Approve Deputy Peoples Commissaar of the Tank i...